Thursday, August 04, 2005

Apple iPod- More than just digital audio

I happen to own an Apple iPod Photo with a 60gb capacity. As stated on the box it allows for approximately 15,000 songs or 25,000 photos. As I am not a huge music fan I doubt that I will get anywhere near 15,000 or probably not even 1,000. And as I do not have a digital camera I doubt that I will fully utilize the 'Photo' feature; which could be quite appealing to those who do (have a camera) as it allows for high resolution output to a TV as a slideshow with music. This feature actually has many options including time per slide,music,shuffle and transitions.

I do however make use of the huge capacity by using it as a storage device to backup files and to transfer them easily, and with the 'Belkin' iPod mic (sold separately) I record lectures. Also included on 'the pod' are a few games (including solitaire) that can be played with music and can be surprisingly good time wasters.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Vasya said...

I think what we are seeing with the ipod is a drive for the creation of a "device" that forfills many roles. A form of personal computer. When i think of a n iPod i remember when PDA burst onto the market about a decade ago. However, technology could not permit such a volume of data storage nor the processing power to do anything serious with data. I feel the iPod is a gateway device to start a culture of portable personal data, melding what you could do with your PC at home into a hand held device.
perhaps the PDA's did not take off and lead to something exciting because word processing which was the primary function is not everyone's idea of fun, playing music and sharing picture is another idea altogather.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home