Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Dependency on Technology

I have been having a terrible day because of my dependency on technology. My Laptop is broken, again. For the second time in the last few months it is refusing to go past the blue welcome windows XP screen. Unless I can get into my computer to back up my stuff which I did manage last time, I think I'm going to have to reformatt without backing up my things. Now I have spent most of the morning feeling crummy and freaking out about it. However, despite the hassle of reinstalling everything and the fear that it will happen again this is not actually a big deal, there is one video file i haven't transferd from my laptop to my external harddrvie where all my media is stored and I don't think I have any important uni work on there as most uni work I do at uni. Its annoying that I'm going to have to waste time reformatting and reinstalling however I am left with a deep sense of anxiety of not been able to use my computer, who could be online that i'm not chatting to or what interesting sites could I be surfing. I still wonder how we would all survive if all technology suddenly froze up like my laptop.

4 Comments:

At 9:59 pm, Blogger Spivey said...

Email me and maybe i can help you. There are ways around the login screen regardless of wether windows wants to let you or not. James@MySpivey.com

 
At 10:56 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

yeah , if you can connect your computer to another throught networking and you may be able to copy stuff over. or if you can get into dos you can copy over the stuff . using dos to a disk .

 
At 8:35 pm, Blogger Spivey said...

There are MUCH easier ways than that. They dont require anything fancy. Ive got a copy of a program that will bypass windows for you so you can get your files back. Looks and works just like XP so its easy to use. Let me know.

 
At 4:48 pm, Blogger Jennifer said...

hey thanks for the advice, I still have no idea what caused my comp to go crazy but i simply reinstalled windows and although i have to reinstall everything I haven't lost any files.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home