Friday, August 26, 2005

How to fix CD's......

I just discovered the most useful thing that some of you may already know.

My brother came over today and he was trying to play Splinter Cell on our PS2, but the game wouldn’t work. My boyfriend was trying to tell him that the game has never worked since he’s had it, but my brother made a bet with him that he could make it work.

Then my brother did the oddest thing- He covered the CD with toothpaste, scrubbed it off with tissue paper and then popped it into the PS2. After that the game worked perfectly!

For those of you that don’t know, if you’ve got a CD that doesn’t work because of scratches or dirt in the CD, put toothpaste or Jiff on it and then rub it off.
If that doesn’t work because the scratches are quite bad, try using Silvo or Brasso.
Apparently it works every time! But I’m definitely going to have to find out for myself….

1 Comments:

At 12:39 pm, Blogger Andrew Cozens said...

I just take my scratched games/music cds/dvds into work because we have a scratch reparing machine :p although i think to buy one costs like $7000 or something, not sure though. Wish dvd's were a little more hardy.. although they just need a little more care than video tapes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home