Monday, August 08, 2005

Weebl

Hey all, I was trying to think of a topic for my first post and was thinking back over the lectures when I remembered Home Star Runner( a favourite of mine, especially Team Girl Squad) and this made me remember Weebl and Bob, a site that had somewhat of a cult status amongst my friends at high school. For those that don't know it http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/, is a site that features, through Short Flash animation, Weebl, a weird egg type guy, and his friend Bob (another smaller egg) who are obsessed with pie, and their adventures with a whole host of other characters, such as some rioting jams, to give you an example of the humour. However what fascinates me just as much as these crazy characters, is how websites like this build up fan bases that in turn build up more websites. I mean, when I was googling Weebl I found websites that let you take a quiz to find out which Weebl character you are most like. Another site let you download Weebl ringtones which I didn't even know existed. I guess it's just an example of the diversity and usability of the Internet that allows almost everyone to have a part. For now though if you like this sort of thing, I suggest you check out the latest animation Piepod, a pisstake of the iPod ads, yet this time with Apple Piepods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home