Tuesday, September 06, 2005

"GEORGE BUSH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE"

I am not proud to come from a country being run by George Bush… Yesterday I had just got back from Tonga and just became aware of the horrible tragedy which happened in New Orleans. I also had became aware once again of how horribly my retarded president has handled the situation. I could go a lot more in depth my extreme dissatisfaction but I will refrain for now. I found out everything about what was occurring via the web, using nytimes.com and other media sites to see how the proceedings where being covered. Once again I will refrain commenting further about how the racist media in the States covered the event (depicting black people like criminals, those bastards…oops). Today though my sentiments where voiced beautifully by my new personal hero Kanye West. My friend sent me this link http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2678975 so I could watch his comments. Kanye made national news by stating on a live telethon that “GEORGE BUSH DOESN’T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE.” Once again I will refrain from commenting upon how accurate his sentiments are. But what I will comment upon is that the Internet provided me with the ability to get different perspectives on current events, it allowed me to become truly aware of what was happening in my home country, seeing the issue from many perspectives. As my heart is struck with grief and despair for those in need of help, I am slightly comforted by the fact that even in a foreign country technology has enabled me to keep up on what’s going on back home…. One last point if you read this, I encourage everyone to please www.redcross.org to help and donate money to the relief fund, thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home