Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sometimes game is poisoning people

These days all sorts of games have been released, such as ps2 games, simulation games, online games etc... I think these games is poisoning part of people eg. my boyfriend... I remember when I was still a kid, game was just something that people play in the extra time as a entertainment or a hobby, but now it became part of peoples life. As you might all realize, now more and more internet cafes has been opened everywhere. If you step inside, you will see many guys and some girls spending hours and hours to play online games. It's not a hobby anymore, it's like a very important part of their life. Those online game lovers, they live in that cyber game space, they imagine they are the character, and it forms a virtual world. Many players don't go outdoor anymore, they spend days and days at home just to upgrade a level in certain game. Sometimes they even forget important things they have to do in their real life. Many teens skip classes for it too! Now I am sitting next to my boyfriend and watching him 'living in that online game'... I'm actually really worried. Many of my friends, friends' friends, they all do the same thing. I realized actually it's really poisoning part of people, they enjoy it too much, and they tends to forget what's important in their actually living life and lesser and lesser outdoor activities have been done, it also affects those people's health.

2 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I think in some ways what you've said is really true - I don't think that enough research has been conducted as to the addictiveness (?) of computer games.
On the boyfriend topic, though, I found a way around the problem: I bought my boyfriend a PS2 for Christmas under the proviso that he wasn't allowed to play it when I was over at his house!

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger David K said...

I have to agree with what you said. It is vey true that games are addictive, especially online games.
In the past game is not as sophisticated as the games that is produced now days. Remember the lecture on gameing? The cost in game production is much greater than before. With all the good graphics and different ways of game play it's very easy to get addicted to it.
Online games is even more addictive because you're actually online competing with someone else, thats the reason why it is so addictive.

I use to be play games 24/7 as well, even just 1 day before exams. But fortunately i found myself other things that i like to do over playing games.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home