Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Free online virus scan

Im not sure if I'm the only one who does not have a retail version of a virus protection program, but what I do know is that system security is a very big issue these days. Whether its a trojan horse or an annoying system file failure I pretty much receive a system pop up alerting me of a problem everyday. Although I don't think my system is completely vulnerable as I use F-Secure Anti-Virus Client and a few other small freeware products. What I do find though is that when I do a search for viruses all I can seem to do is rename the file, and not repair or remove them. For those who are in a similar situation I suggest trying out Trend Micro Free online virus scan, found here http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
I find its the best thing to combat viruses without reaching for your wallet.

1 Comments:

At 10:35 am, Blogger Andrew Cozens said...

ah if only computers were like young children, by being dirty and unhygenic you build up your immune system, so a computer could have lax security in order to get a few bugs, it would then fight them off with some sort of artifical immune system and then build up resistance to those sorts of viruses :p one can only dream ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home