Tuesday, October 25, 2005

light hearted read..

Did anyone see this piece in the sideswipe (NZ Herald) a few days ago, it made me laugh, I thought I might just post it up on here, despite the deadline having come and gone, purely for a bit of light hearted reading in your study break, or maybe to help you along with procrastinating instead of studying. Anyway have a read, and I sincerly hope that no-one from this course has EVER done this, or possibly would not having done this paper. Enjoy.
Following yesterday's ludicrous exchange between a help desk and a luddite, here's a transcript that resulted in the firing of the tech support person: Caller: I'm having trouble with WordPerfect. Operator: What sort of trouble? Caller: Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away. Operator: Hmm. So what does your screen look like now? Caller: It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type. Operator: Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out? Caller: How do I tell? Operator: Can you see the C: prompt on the screen? Caller: What's a sea-prompt? Operator: Never mind. Can you move your cursor round the screen? Caller: There isn't any cursor. I told you, it won't accept anything I type. Operator: Does your monitor have a power indicator? Caller: What's a monitor? Operator: It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. Does it have a little light that tells you when it's on? Caller: I don't know. Operator: Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that? Caller: Yes, I think so. Operator: Great. Follow the cord to the plug and tell me if it's plugged into the wall. Caller: Yes, it is. Operator: Follow the cable for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into the back of your computer. Caller: I can't reach. Operator: Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over? Caller: Oh, it's not because I don't have the right angle - it's because it's dark. Operator: Dark? Caller: Yes - the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in from the window. Operator: Well, turn on the office light then. Caller: I can't. Operator: No? Why not? Caller: Because there's a power failure. Operator: A power ... A power failure? Aha, Okay, we've got it licked now. Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in? Caller: Well, yes, I keep them in the closet. Operator: Good. Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up just like it was when you got it. Then take it back to the store you bought it from. Caller: Really? Is it that bad? Operator: Yes, I'm afraid it is. Caller: Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them? Operator: Tell them you're too bloody stupid to own a computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home