Wednesday, September 28, 2005

History in the Making

Last weekend I got a couple of DVDs out to entertain myself and my family if they chose to watch them with me, well it turns out my parents did want to watch Hotel Rwanda which was fine until my realized she didn’t actually know how to work the DVD player or more so which channel to have it on, but after a DVD player tutorial she was set and felt unstoppable and all because she learnt which channel it had to be on. It was then that I realized our parents unlike us aren’t used to modern technology and its fancy gadgets and well to them technology only complicates matters (that is until they understand it). But whilst I say that and using the DVD player to describe the technology deficit between our generation and our parents, it won’t be long until we are the parents asking our children how to work technology.

1 Comments:

At 10:11 am, Blogger Jennifer said...

My mum still doesnt really understand the VCR let alone the dvd player and I always have to explain things to her. I think we however are used to developing technologies and are perhaps more likely to keep up with changes so hopefully we won't be asking our children too many questions about new technology.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home