Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Alarm clocks

--> following on from “aye002’s” blog entry

I read aye002’s post yesterday about alarm clocks and cellphone alarms. It surprised me because I was actually going to post about something similar. I, too, have major problems trying to wake up in the morning, but am yet to experiment with different pitched noises! And I agree, having my favourite song would make me stay in bed.

My current wake-up system (which often fails) is as follows: I set my cellphone alarm for 6:30am. I press snooze so it goes of at 6:40am, and so on until 7am. I set my alarm clock for 7am as a backup. But even having both doesn’t always work. The noise of my alarm often becomes part of my dream, and I turn it off in my sleep! I think alarm clocks need to have more functions and become more technological. For example, on Sunday I woke up at 9am. But I had forgotten about daylight savings so it was actually 10am. A whole hour of my life gone! Anyway, later on in the day when turning my computer on, I was pleased to see that it remembered about daylight savings. If only alarm clocks knew this sort of thing.

This got me thinking about technology in the house in general. I realised that there are certain areas that are actually lacking in technology. I think my house may be lacking behind slightly in terms of household technology, but it’s good to see more ‘smart’ devices hitting the shops. However I think there should be more mainstream intelligent devices such as techno alarm clocks. It seems like some things just don’t change, like alarm clocks are still so old-school and analogue (well, mine is anyway). Technology is all about making our lives more simplistic (or more complicated? Depends how you look at it) so I would like to see small household devices improved to make our lives easier :)

-Shannon Doherty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home