Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Life Without the Internet

After housesitting for 17 days i have come to realise how intergral technology has become in my own life and can only imagine that my feelings are symptomatic of a societal reliance on digital media. The house in question doesn't have the internet, not due to ignorance on the part of the owners, but because they have WiFi enabled laptops for work and no longer require the internet on their PC.
After two weeks of running in and out of uni and back and forth from my parents' house I can seriously say that, not only for this paper, but for all of my papers, that the digital divide is most obvious in the houses with no internet connection and the Student Commons!
A lot of my work could have been much better had I had access to the internet on hand, and it's really something I had been taking for granted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home