Sunday, September 11, 2005

For the lazy computer owners


I use my laptop everyday to listen to music and I like to just put iTunes on shuffle and let it play songs at random... but of course it will inevitably play a song I'm really not in the mood to hear and I always find myself wishing I had a remote or something so I don't have to get up and press skip on the keyboard.
Fiiinally I stumbled across a remote that does just that, the 'Keyspan Express Remote'. It's a simple piece of technology to use: you plug the infra-red sensor into a vacant USB port on your computer and then use the remote as you would for your TV, DVD-player etc. I know this isn't the most amazing piece of technology out there, but the convenience it provides can't be overlooked. It also comes with software that allows the remote to control a variety of mediaplayers for your computer like iTunes, WinAmp, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player.
I haven't had a chance to look around town to see which places stock this, but I would assume Campus IT would be a good store to check out. It retails for around $59.95 (US).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home