Thursday, October 06, 2005

radar

Hi all,

I am sure most people have heard of radar's, the expensive equipment that people tend to use in their car to detect if there speed camera's or policeman's around them. A few months ago I saw a friend of mine having one on his car. It looked pretty interesting so I asked what is that thing is it a camera or something? I have to admit I was amazed because I didn't know something like that can exist. It made me think, if there is such a device to exist so that drivers know when to slow down or drive with more caution just because there is a speed camera near by or the police, then is that a good thing or a bad thing. Think about it, does that mean other times they speed more than usual? It is good with that gadget so that drivers can be aware beforehand but relying on that just to drive safely or cautiously from getting into trouble with the police can give harm and danger in other times. What are your views on such device (technology) for those that may have a radar or know about it?
I've recently asked another friend about this technology device and he informed me that those who created the speed cameras and sold it to the police and later on they thought of more ways to earn more money (of course) so unfortunately they created the radar and sold them to drivers. To my surprise the radar is not old news, it was out for more than 6-7 years ago. Now they are developing more advance technology to dominate the radars and of course targeting the police market. Therefore this cycle goes round and round, so companies can make more profit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home