Friday, October 07, 2005

Essay essay~~~

It seems there are some of you are doing essay Question 9. Actually, I find that discussing one of your favourite animation film criticlally is not that easy. At first, I thought it should be easy because it's just an animated film which contains cartoon characters and funny actions that entertaining people a lot. However, when I read the question and know that we need to firstly find out how the term "immediacy" and "hypermediacy" actually affect the meaning of the film. I was amazed by that these two paradoxical effects do to it. Here, I found out the meanig of these two words. Hypermediacy is a "style of visual representaion whose goal is to remind the viewer of the medium"; Immediacy is the perfection, or erasure, of the gap between signifier and signified, such that a representaion is perceived to be the thing itself. To turn these into my own words, simply, I think that hypermediacy contains a lot of details to generate some useful meanings through the media. But immediacy just creates some suddenly satisfaction which is made from the special effects. Through my reaserch reading, I find out that people usually have desire of immediacy upon hypermmediacy. A good example I learned from Kevin, that is he used "Shrek" to compare with "Finding Nemo". Shrek contains a simple storyline that the director just wants to show off the CGI technique. But Finding Nemo actually has a lot of details in the background, a more complex story line that indicates some deeper meanings of your friendship and kinship. And, it show more "realistic" details than the other one.

So, I m here to share some of my points of view, hope I didnt get it wrong.

Minnie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home